Palacios Municipal Airport (PSX)
Palacios Municipal Airport covers an area of 1,538 acres at an elevation of 14 feet (4 m) above mean sea level. It has three runways with concrete surfaces:
- 8/26 is 5,001 by 150 feet (1,524 x 46 m);
- 13/31 is 5,001 by 150 feet (1,524 x 46 m);
- 18/36 is 5,001 by 75 feet (1,524 x 23 m).
Camp Palacios was originally established as a summer training camp for the 36th Infantry Division of the TX National Guard after the Palacios Campsite Association donated the land to the state in 1926. As a result of World War II, Palacios Army Airfield was constructed in 1943 and opened in August by the United States Army Air Forces as a maintenance depot and supply facility for Air Technical Service Command. At the end of the war the airfield was determined to be excess by the military and turned over to the local government for civil use.