Office of the City Manager
City Hall: 361-972-3605
Palacios, TX 77465
Welcome to the City of Palacios’ website. Our site is designed to provide citizens with up-to-date news and information. We hope you will get acquainted with the services we provide, our mayor, council and staff as well as learn about our projects and meetings.
The Office of City Manager serves as the focal point for the executive leadership and direction of the City organization. Our office works closely with the Mayor and City Council to ensure that City programs and operations reflect policy goals and objectives established by the City Council.
Our mission is to deliver the highest level of service while providing leadership, integrity, and efficiency that promotes the greatest quality of life and public confidence.
- Responsible for the enforcement of all laws and City Ordinances
- Responsible for the appointment of department heads
- Recommends to the Council the appointment of members to numerous City boards and commissions
- Submits the annual budget to the City Council
- In addition, the City Manager and his staff recommend policies and programs to the City Council and implement Council decisions.
The following list of projects fall under the responsibility of the Office of City Manager:
- New Water Plant and Well
- Water and Sewer Line Replacement Program
- Wastewater Treatment Plant Upgrades
- New Location for the Relocation of the Fire Station
- New Pavilion and Education Center
- Successful CDBG Grant and Other Grant Awards
- Developing Downtown Streetscape Improvements
- Park Improvements
- Constructing Safe to School Sidewalks