Report an Issue
Submit and track non-emergency requests for service online or via our smartphone app!
You can now submit concerns to Palacios using SeeClickFix and receive status updates on their progress. Submit requests on this webpage, or download the SeeClickFix Palacios app and submit requests on the go.
Citizens who report issues will receive an automated response letting them know that their issue has been received. Once an issue has been assigned, another email will be sent to provide a status update. Please note: not all issues will be able to be immediately fixed. Issues will be completed based on priority level and budget status.
We welcome citizen feedback and will continuously monitor the application to improve its effectiveness. Thank you for making Palacios a safer and more beautiful place!
HOW TO SUBMIT A REQUEST
- Click on New Request at the bottom of the map
- Confirm your location by typing in the address box or clicking on the map.
- Select a category from the menu.
- Attach an image/photo if possible.
- Add a detailed description and Confirm Details.
- Choose Submit as yourself, Hide your identity or Submit as a guest if applicable.
DOWNLOAD THE APP
From your Apple device, download the app in the App store. You also can search in the app store for “SeeClickFix.”
From your Android device, download the app in the Google Play store. You also can search the Google Play store for “SeeClickFix.”
Frequently Asked Questions
1.What is SeeClickFix?
- It is a tool for letting the City know what you think should be fixed
- You can take and upload pictures of the problem you see
- Requests are located using a point on a map
- The City can respond to you or ask additional questions.
2. What can I expect from using this system?
SeeClickFix is an easy way for residents to report concerns directly to the City and have department staff follow up to resolve the issues. Please use a detailed address, description, and photo (if possible) to give as much information to City staff so they can investigate and determine the best way to address your concerns. You are encouraged to enter your email address on reports in order to get automated updates on the status of your issue as City staff work to resolve it. This system is best suited to respond to service requests like potholes, street lights, etc., that can be assigned to staff and addressed in a timely manner. Issues requiring immediate attention or those dealing with public safety should be reported directly to the police at 361-972-3112, as this system is not monitored 24/7.
3. What problems or issues does SeeClickFix solve, and how does it benefit Citizens?
SeeClickFix is an additional resource for community members to report infrastructure issues. Using the app is an efficient way to raise awareness within the City without making a phone call. The app streamlines the process of submitting a photo, description of the issue, and location; also, SeeClickFix allows you to track the status of reported issues.
4. How does SeeClickFix differ from other options available to report issues?
- Requests are placed on a map
- Public requests will remain on the map for anyone to review and share
- There is a mobile app
- Photos can be taken directly from mobile devices and uploaded
5. What should I NOT use this system for?
Issues threatening public safety or things needing immediate attention (like downed wires) should be reported directly to the Palacios Police Non-Emergency Line at 361-972-3112. Things that require long-term planning, a larger discussion, a community process, or involve multiple departments or non-City entities should be directed to the appropriate department by phone call or email as these issues are not easily “fixable” in the same way a pothole, streetlight, etc. are.
6. What types of things should I report using this system?
This system is best suited to respond to service requests like potholes, street lights, etc., that can be assigned to staff and addressed in a timely manner. Start a report with the address of the issue, and you will then see a drop-down menu with all of the possible categories of issues you can report using this system.
7. Will I receive updates on my request?
You will automatically receive updates on your request if you create a free SeeClickFix account.
8. What if I submitted a request but haven’t received a response?
The City receives many requests per day, and departments do their best to respond in a timely manner. If you submitted a request and it hasn’t been resolved, please be patient, as City staff is processing requests in the order that they come in.
9. Is there a cost to users?
There is no cost to the user to use SeeClickFix. The app is free to download, and the browser version is also free.